County Public Health Department Reopening Orders & Fort Riley COVID Information
Which Orders Do I Follow & What is a Requirement vs. a Recommendation?
Businesses and individuals must comply with both County and State orders. Each County retains authority to issue and enforce equally or more restrictive orders or provisions as necessary to respond should conditions worsen. The orders outline requirements that must be complied with in order to conduct business. (Riley County's Safety Requirement document provides additional information for businesses.) Several industry guidelines have been assembled that serve as recommendations on how to safely reopen, and can be found under the Business Reopening Resources Page.
Links to Each County Public Health Department
MANHATTAN AREA RECOVERY TASK FORCE - PATH FORWARD
CHARGE - To develop a measured and phased path forward for our community
GOAL - Successful reopening implementation through the transition phases
To achieve the charge and goal, the focus of the Regional Task Force will be to:
- Facilitate how to make the phased reopening transition successful for multiple businesses types and organizations, as well as, for residents and visitors
- Have broad representation that can help communicate information back to multiple networks and industries
- Provide input from business and community leaders back to appointed and elected officials
- Assist in shaping and coordinating consistent, practical information for business owners and individuals about how to safely provide products and services using best practices.
- Work towards and recommend consistent approaches and messaging among Geary, Pottawatomie and Riley Counties
The Recovery Task Force is NOT a decision-making Task Force. Decisions will be made by the county health officers in cooperation with the elected officials in each County.
WATCH THE LATEST MEETING:
August 13, 2020
July 30, 2020
July 16, 2020
July 9, 2020
Cancelled & Rescheduled for July 16, 2020
June 11, 2020
June 4, 2020
May 28, 2020
May 21, 2020
May 14, 2020
May 7, 2020
Proper Hand Hygiene & Use of Masks
What is Region Reimagined?
Region Reimagined is a regional movement inspiring individuals to do their part to attract and retain talent through the implementation of a strategic plan driven by community stakeholders in Geary, Pottawatomie and Riley Counties. Strategies are focused on Economic Diversification, Talent Attraction & Retention, Quality of Place, Built Environment, Innovation & Entrepreneurship. The implementation of the plan provides opportunities for cross-commuity discussions to discover and work towards common goals, resolving mutual challenges, and taking advantage of aligned opportunities to overcome barriers and leverage resources throughout the region.
- Manhattan Area Recovery Task Force - Staff Liaison
- Creation of Business Reopening Resources Toolbox for Region For Phased Transition of Our Communities
- COVID-19 Pandemic - Technical Assistance Team for Business Assistance Loans and Guidance
- Creation of Regional Healthcare Consortium
- Creation of MHK Talent Consortium and Launch of a Pilot Micro-Internship Program
- Marketing & Assistance for Junction City's Restaurant Reimagined hospitality training & event to improve first impressions
- Hosted a KEEP Transitioning Soldier Community and Employer Tour
- And so much more!
REGION REIMAGINED PLAN GOALS
More than 200 volunteers and a network of more than 650 from throughout Geary, Pottawatomie, and Riley counties have been working hard to implement 12 strategies with more than 360 action items focused on the following three goals:
- External Awareness
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Growth of Supportive Infrastructure
Enhance Capacity of Pre-K to 20 Educational Institutions
- Retention of Graduates to Region
- Integrate Soldiers into Community
- Improve Health Outcomes & Develop Medical Education Capacity
- Improve Attraction of Talent to Region
- Suitable Housing
- Quality of Place
- Grow and Diversify the Innovation Ecosystem
- Enhance Support for Entrepreneurs of All Ages