2019 Quality of Place Improvement Highlights
QUALITY OF PLACE - A TALENT ATTRACTION & RETENTION STRATEGY
In demand talent has never been more mobile, which means our region must remain competitive by providing certain community amenities sought by these professionals, while at the same time maintain our unique identity, while providing options in neighborhoods & housing types, recreational amenities, public spaces, and other elements of quality of life and place.
2.7. Provide Quality of Place Environments and Amenities that Enhance Community, Appeal to and Attract Professionals Across All Economic Sectors, and Enhance Tourism.
Strategies related to Talent Sustainability are being worked on throughout the region in a variety of ways including through Region Reimagined Work Groups, including Talent Attraction & Retention, Quality of Place, and Built Environment, as well as, through several other entities and committees throughout the region.
2.7. PROVIDE QUALITY OF PLACE ENVIRONMENTS AND AMENITIES THAT ENHANCE COMMUNITY, APPEAL TO AND ATTRACT PROFESSIONALS ACROSS ALL ECONOMIC SECTORS, AND ENHANCE TOURISM.
THE POWER OF 10
It is recommended that designations have at least 10 reasons to visit. - Each County identified at least 10 places that are special within their community.
10 Common Themes Arose from Each County as Important to Work Toward Improvements.
- External Awareness
- Business Retention & Expansion
- Growth of Supportive Infrastructure
- Enhance Capacity of Pre-K to 20 Educational Institutions
- Retention of Graduates to Region
- Integrate Soldiers into Community
- Improve Health Outcomes & Develop Medical Education Capacity
- Improve Attraction of Talent to Region
- Suitable Housing
- Quality of Place
- Grow and Diversify the Innovation Ecosystem
- Enhance Support for Entrepreneurs of All Ages